In cooking, acchma is a dish made of thin pita with layers of cheese. This is a beautiful-looking and hearty cake. Salty varieties are used for the filling, the dough itself is bland, mostly sponge. Making a dish does not require great culinary skills, but there are some secrets that the hostess should take into account.
For the layer, you can use various fillings: cheese, cottage cheese, greens, meat and vegetables. I will list some tips that can be used in the manufacture of the filling:
- Use at least two types of cheese - hard and soft Suluguni. Soft is good for the inner layers, cut it into pieces before laying. Decorate the top of the pie with hard grated cheese.
- In the curd filling, use soft curd. Add two tablespoons of thick cream and soda to the tip of the knife. This technique will make the air filling. Cottage cheese can be salted or sweetened to taste. It all depends on whether you want to bake a sweet or salty cake.
Achma from pita is prepared with a big cake, when served, it is cut into portions.
Nutritional value and calorie per 100 grams
|Proteins, g||Fat, g||Carbohydrates, g||Calorie, Kcal|
Achma from homemade pita with cottage cheese and cheese in the oven
The dish resembles the taste of khachapuri. It is perfect for Sunday dinner, energize for the whole day. It is made from thin pita bread filled with cottage cheese and cheese.
It will require: a bowl for the preparation of cottage cheese, a container for mixing, a deep form for roasting in the oven, a cooking brush for butter. For the base, prepare 3 pita bread using the homemade recipe I wrote about above.
- 250 g of fat cottage cheese;
- 200 g Suluguni cheese;
- 50 g of grated Mozzarella;
- ⅔ cup of kefir;
- 1 egg;
- 40 g butter or thick cream;
- cilantro, paprika - 1 teaspoon;
- 1 tsp salt.
- Curd curd through a sieve until smooth. For a delicate texture add 20 g butter or 2-3 tablespoons of thick cream. Add a pinch of cilantro, paprika and salt. All mix until smooth.
- Suluguni crumble into small pieces and divide into two parts.
- Beat the egg with a whisk, pour kefir, lightly salt it.
- Place the prepared pita bread in deep baking form for the cakes, which have been pre-lubricated with a small amount of butter. Spread the pita bread exactly along the bottom, making the base of the cake so that the edges hang loosely.
- Saturate the cake with kefir mixture with a brush.
- Take the third part of the curd mass, lay exactly on the pita.
- Grease the second sheet with oil, place on the cottage cheese, top soak it with kefir mixture.
- Lay out a piece of prepared and shredded Suluguni cheese.
- Grease the third sheet with oil, put it on top of the cheese. Saturate the kefir mixture. Put the second part of the curd on top.
- Then wrap the hanging edges in an envelope. Lubricate the curled edges with kefir mixture, and lay the remaining Suluguni on top.
- We fold the edges of pita bread from other sides, soak it with kefir, spread the remaining curd.
- We close the cake with the bottom sheet of pita bread on all sides with a dense envelope. Fill the top with the remnants of kefir mixture, lay out the remnants of cottage cheese and cheese.
- Sent in the oven, preheated to 180 degrees, for 15-20 minutes. Five minutes before the end of baking, we take out a dish, sprinkle with grated hard cheese on top, decorate with nuts. Put back and bake for another five minutes.
TIP! For nuts any nuts are suitable. Beforehand, they should be crushed and lightly fried.
The food from homemade pita with cottage cheese and cheese looks appetizing and festive. It will take the hostess to spend only a little time on preparing the base, but the effort will pay off with the gratitude of loved ones, because nothing improves the taste of the dish as much as the emotional relationship in the family. Please your family!
Lazy sweet cheese with purchased pita bread
If you do not have time for cooking homemade pita bread, you can bake a wonderful cake from the purchased one. This option is done quickly, and for manufacturing it is necessary to focus only on the fillings.
Lazy achma is usually made from two types of cheese. You can use different sulguni varieties as well as add more hard cheese that melts longer. It will require: a deep container for baking, a bowl for mixing fillings, a pan for melting butter, a cooking brush. The amount of the finished product is designed for 8 servings.
- 300 grams of pickled cheese type Suluguni;
- 150 grams of hard cheese;
- 4 eggs;
- 5 tablespoons sour cream;
- 80 g butter;
- 2 ready pita;
- A pinch of finely chopped (can be frozen) greens - parsley, cilantro, dill.
- Suluguni cheese crumble or cut into small pieces. Durum grated on a grater or use its preparation.
- Fold both cheeses in a bowl, leaving ⅓ of the solid to sprinkle on the cake.
- To the cheese filling pour sour cream, stirred eggs, greens, mix everything.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, then use to soak the lavash.
- Take a baking pan, put pita bread in it so that it lies flat on the bottom and hangs along the edges of the mold.
- Smear the cake with melted butter.
- Lay out ⅓ of the mixture of cheese, level over the entire area of the pie.
- Put the second pancake on the cheese, grease with oil, put the next part of the cheese filling.
- Fold the hanging edges to the left and right of the envelope on the filling. Grease with oil.
- Spread the filling on the pita bread, covering with the following edges. The last layer of the filling should be closed in the form of an envelope.
- Grease the top with butter, put the remaining stuffing, sprinkle with hard grated cheese on top.
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees, put the prepared cake. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Dish "lazy achma" is ready! Top can be decorated with spicy ground herbs. Enjoy your meal!
TIP! For the aroma will suit various dried and spicy herbs: cilantro, basil, anise. By the way, anise gives the Eastern dish extraordinary freshness and flavor.
Recipe for pita bread from Georgian
A dish with an unusual taste and light spiciness, which is prepared from fresh dough. Brynza is used as a filling, a lot of greens, a little hot pepper.
- 400 g of flour, a glass of water;
- 1 tsp salts;
- 2 tbsp. spoons of vegetable oil;
- 70 g butter;
- 300 g of cheese;
- spicy greens, ground red pepper.
- Knead the dough. In a bowl pour the flour (you can sift). Salt dissolved in water. Make a well in the flour, pour water into it. Wait until it is swollen and soaked with water, knead the soft dough. Add parts of vegetable oil, continuing to knead for 7-10 minutes. The dough is very elastic, easily lags behind the hands and shape.
- Dough divided into 7 parts. Roll each piece into a thin sheet about 2 mm thick.
- Cheese grate a large grater, mix with greens and pepper.
- Lay the first layer of rolled dough into a deep baking dish. The edges of the dough hang down, they form the top of the cake.
- Brush with melted butter. Put a thick layer of prepared cheese.
- Boil the remaining layers of dough in boiling water for about 1-2 minutes, then remove from the water with a skimmer, spread out on a towel to dry.
- Put boiled pita bread on the first layer of the filling, brush with oil and sprinkle with cheese.
- Continue until all layers have been laid. On top of the last layer of filling, lay the hanging edges in the form of an envelope. Top grease with butter.
- Bake in the oven at 190 degrees 30 minutes.
- When the achma is slightly cooled, cut into portions, serve warm.
A unique cake is ready!
TIP! The dish goes well with homemade kefir drink. To make it, you need a defatted kefir 1 liter, 2 tsp. salt, three cloves of garlic. Mix the garlic and salt in a mortar and mix with kefir. If kefir is too greasy, dilute with boiled water. Drink for the ashma in Georgian ready!
A simple recipe in a slow cooker
If there is no oven at home, but you want to try this Georgian, multi-layered dish, you can use the slow cooker. This cake is made from ready-made thin pita bread stuffed with cheese.
- 5-6 thin pita bread;
- 300 g soft cheese Suluguni;
- 300 ml of kefir;
- 2 eggs;
- 50 g butter.
- Grate cheese or cut into pieces, brushing the knife with butter. You can crumble hands.
- Pour the kefir in a bowl, mix with two eggs, add salt, add herbs to taste: parsley, cilantro. Greens should be finely chopped, add no more than 1 teaspoon.
- Melt the butter.
- Put the pita in the prepared form (silicone for baking, or prepared from foil), straightening exactly along the bottom of the form, the edges of the pita free hang.
- Grease the cake with butter, put the first layer of cheese.
- Put the next pita bread on the filling, oil it and cover it with the filling.
- Repeat until filling is over. Cover the top layer of the filling with hanging edges in the form of an envelope.
- Grease the cake surface
- Put the form with the pie in the slow cooker, set the mode "baking for 1 hour". Technique will indicate the availability of a sound signal.
Delicious dish is ready! Please yourself and guests with an achma from the slow cooker, this cake is very tasty and looks beautiful on the table.
TIP! garnish the dish with sesame seeds and nuts. To do this, sesame and ground nuts, pre-fry until golden brown. Nuts and seeds are not only beneficial to health, but also give a harmonious and exquisite taste.
Do not be afraid to experiment!
Acquaintance with the preparation of the Georgian national dish, reminiscent of the famous khachapuri, will benefit you and your home. Achma from pita is easy to prepare, does not require large expenditures of money, time and effort. Any housewife will be able to cook this multi-layered cake and please the family.
The traditional achma is cooked with pickled Imeretin cheese, but you can experiment by sandwiching the cake with other types as well as other fillings. Write about your experiments, share your skills and abilities.
Successes to you and health!