Dorado fish or sea crucian lives in subtropical and tropical waters. The main distribution area is the eastern Atlantic, the Mediterranean Sea. In cooking, use samples from 500 to 700 grams. Although in nature there are also giant fish. In the wild habitat, the dorado has a bright color, shimmers in green, blue, gold, red. Snoopy fish becomes gray.
Preparation for baking
To bake the golden spiré in the oven, prepare the carcass:
- We clean from scales, we cut off fins, we delete interiors, we wash, we dry.
- We select the ingredients listed in the recipe.
- Cut off the foil or paper for baking to size.
- Auxiliary tools: knives, including for cleaning fish, cooking scissors, cutting board, brush for lubrication, kitchen tack.
- After preparation, turn on the oven to warm up to 200-220 degrees.
Step by Step Preparation Plan
- Dorado before cleaning, wash with running water.
- We cut the fins. We remove the scales from one side, then from the other with a special knife. If this is not, use a vegetable grater. To facilitate the removal of scales, the carcass can be scalded with boiling water.
- We clean the belly and back. Hold a finger against the growth of scales, if it remains, we finish.
- Dorado giblets. Cut the abdomen from the head to the tail, extract the giblets, trying not to damage the gallbladder.
- Wash the gutted carcass. Remove the gills and internal films, blood vessels along the ridge. We do not cut off the head and tail so that the finished dish looks more attractive.
- Once again we wash under running water and dry them with paper napkins.
- We finish the preparation with a longitudinal incision of a dorado for even baking.
- Rub the carcass with salt from the outside and inside the abdomen.
- Liberally sprinkle with lemon juice to give a special taste and aroma. You can rub with spices, it all depends on preferences.
- Wash and cut vegetables: tomatoes, onions, potatoes, celery, zucchini and others.
- Put a foil or baking paper on a baking sheet, grease with olive oil.
- We form a cushion of vegetables, top dorado with lemon slices (slices tucked into the abdomen, cuts). You can sprinkle the carcass with olive oil.
- We send baking sheet in the oven, set the temperature from 170 to 190 degrees.
- Bake from 25 to 40 minutes depending on the size and type of oven. You can leave the fish open or cover with a second piece of foil. In the latter case, minutes after 20 or 5 minutes before the end of cooking, remove the foil and send the pan to the oven, so that in the remaining time the dorado is covered with an appetizing, crispy crust.
The low calorie content of baked sea carp attracts diet food lovers. At 100 grams, it is only 96 kcal. Considering the fact that dishes include low-calorie foods, the benefits to the body and its improvement are indisputable.
Classic dorado recipe in the oven
- dorada - 2 pcs .;
- onion - 2 pcs .;
- Cherry tomatoes - 20 pcs., or tomatoes - 3 pcs .;
- garlic cloves - 2 pcs .;
- lemon - 1 pc .;
- dill - 1 bunch;
- Provencal herbs - to taste;
- olive oil - 70 ml;
- sea salt - to taste;
- ground pepper and peas - to taste.
- Prepare the fish. We clean the scales, remove the insides, gills. Flush. We make several incisions diagonally on the sides.
- Grate the dorado inside and out with salt and a mixture of spices. Leave for 20 minutes to marinate.
- At this time, fry the onions until half cooked in a skillet with oil.
- On a baking tray, buttered, lay out the sliced tomatoes (salt and pepper them), toasted onions. From above we put dorado.
- Finely chop the garlic and sprinkle the carcass on it.
- Lemon slices, bay leaf lay in the cuts and inside.
- From above golden sprays we put slices of tomatoes, pour olive oil.
- We send it to the oven heated to 200 degrees and bake for half an hour.
- Make sure that the fish are not burnt (you can cover for the time of baking with foil).
- Served with lemon, dill and white wine.
Dorado in foil with potatoes
- fish - one bird;
- onion - 1 pc .;
- potatoes - 2 pcs .;
- garlic - 4 cloves;
- lemon - 1 pc .;
- olive oil;
- white wine - 1 glass;
- salt - to taste;
- parsley - to taste.
- We put on a baking sheet a piece of foil.
- Prepare potatoes and onions. Cut into slices, fry in a pan in butter until half cooked. Spread evenly on a baking sheet.
- We prepare sea crucian. Put the carcass on a layer of potatoes with onions.
- Finely chop the garlic and parsley, sprinkle with fish. Pour in a glass of white wine.
Close the foil envelope.
- Baking tray sent to the heated oven. The temperature is set at 180 degrees, baked for 30 minutes.
- 5 minutes before the readiness we open the foil and give the opportunity to the dorado to become covered with a golden crust.
A delicious recipe for stuffed dorado
- peeled shrimp - 40 g;
- canned mussels - 40 g;
- Edam cheese - 40 g;
- scallops (canned) - 30 g;
- cream - 20 g;
- garlic - 2 cloves;
- olive oil - 40 ml;
- Cooking minced seafood. Add olive oil, cream. Stir well.
- We rub cheese, we press garlic, we cut dill, we send them to forcemeat from seafood.
- Lay the ready mixture inside the carcass. It is advisable to fix the edges of the abdomen with toothpicks.
- Rub the top with a mixture of lemon, pepper, salt.
- Add some olive oil to the pan. Stuffed fish bake for 30 minutes at 220 degrees.
- Sea carp is always served with dry white wine.
- Cooking time is best minimized. This will preserve the beneficial properties, juiciness and flavor of the product.
- To serve young children, the meat must be cleaned of small bones.
- Dorado is in harmony with various side dishes of vegetables, seafood, cereals (rice, chickpeas, lentils, etc.), pasta.
Dorada fish, aurata, golden spar, sea carp (names of one species) are deservedly enjoyed by gourmets and people leading a healthy lifestyle. It is a storehouse of beneficial micro and macro elements. According to the content of iodine, the species is ahead of even mackerel.
Culinary processing is not limited to cooking in the oven. You can cook excellent fish soup, fry, bake in a sleeve or fry steaks on the grill.