The kids are looking forward to the New Year holidays and are preparing for them, creating crafts from paper, plasticine, cones and other materials. This fun activity brings pleasure. Adults also create their own jewelry to transform the interior and fill the house with a sense of celebration for the New Year 2019. In the article I will share tips on creating Christmas crafts that will decorate the school, kindergarten, home and delight loved ones, if such a thing is presented.
Step-by-step instructions of children's crafts to school and kindergarten
The kids like to create beautiful and colorful crafts, but for a small child it is problematic to choose a feasible task. I will share step-by-step instructions on how to create Christmas crafts at home, which will help in creating a festive atmosphere and allow the kid with the support of parents to show their creative abilities.
Herringbone cotton pads
The list of Christmas-tree decorations and figures on the New Year's theme is headed by the tree. For the manufacture of snow-white beauty will require cotton pads, colorful beads, cardboard, braid and some glue.
- The most difficult is the preparatory stage: the connection of cotton pads, playing the role of snow-covered needles. Take a disk, fold in half, then again in half and fasten with a stapler. Do the same with other drives.
- Assemble the frame. Cut a large circle out of cardboard. Decide in advance on the size of the figure, because the radius of the cardboard blank determines the height of the finished product.
- Determine the center of the circle and mark with a point. Take a ruler, draw a line from the center of the circle to the edge and make a cut. Form a cone from the blank, fix the edges with glue.
- When the base of the Christmas tree dries, trim the bottom and glue a ribbon at the very bottom.
- Proceed to fixing the Christmas tree needles from cotton disks: glue to the base with a bend. Row after row, dress the beauty to the top.
- To decorate the Christmas tree, use bright beads. Glue on cotton needles in any order or in the form of a pattern imitating decoration. It only remains to decorate the tree with tinsel.
Optical disc suspension
Surely in every house there are CDs that are suitable for creating holiday crafts. The decoupage technique will turn them into a wonderful pendant that will serve as a Christmas-tree toy or decoration on the wall. For the manufacture of such things need a disk, glue, varnish, napkin with a pattern, ribbon and tinsel.
- Take a napkin and gently separate the layer with a festive pattern.
- Cover the disk surface with a thin layer of glue and glue a napkin.
- Using scissors, cut the edges of the napkin that extend beyond the contour of the disk.
- After the glue dries, coat the product with varnish and decorate with a tinsel around the contour.
- Tie a beautiful ribbon bow and attach a loop.
In many countries, bells are used for decoration: they buy in specialized stores or make their own. The instructions will help create such a masterpiece at home. You will need tape, twine, glue and plastic bag.
- Take two plastic bottles and wrap the necks with duct tape so that you get a flat working surface.
- Put plastic bags on the bottles, spread them with glue and wrap them with string.
- After the glue dries, carefully remove the bottles from the blanks, remove the bags.
- To decorate Christmas bells, use tinsel and glue with decorative glitter.
- Connect the decorated bells with a beautiful bow and attach a loop.
This unusual paper craft is suitable for decorating the New Year's table. Stock up on thick cardboard, a small candle, white paint and glitter.
- To make a lamp, make a cone out of cardboard, as in the case of the Christmas tree. Using scissors or a stationery knife, pierce a few holes in the workpiece. If you make holes in the form of a pattern, the lamp will please with an intricate pattern on the walls.
- The contour of each hole handle zero sandpaper to eliminate roughness. Ground the body of the polished cone paint in several layers. To make it look more spectacular, decorate it with sparkles.
- Put a small lit candle inside the tree. Rays of light penetrating through the holes will delight you with a fun game.
ATTENTION! Just do not forget about fire safety and do not leave the lamp unattended.
Crafts from the sticks - fun and easy
Buy ordinary sticks for the account can be in any office supply store. Pass by plastic products and choose only wooden, it is more pleasant to work with them. We will assemble a wide variety of crafts out of such sticks, and if you purchased already painted sticks, you can collect interesting toys - Christmas trees, wells, snowflakes, houses of different colors, you need only glue. If countable unpainted rods are bought, they will also need paint or felt-tip pens.
Finished glued houses, snowflakes and Christmas trees are decorated with beads, sequins, bugles, confetti or rhinestones. Crafts, even of the same shape, will be different, let everyone decorate their product individually.
For work you will need:
- Wooden counting sticks - 1 box.
- Paints or markers.
These products can continue to be decorated with lace. If you want to make a big house, do not forget about the windows; in each window opening you can install “flower pots” cut out of paper. To make wooden sticks quicker to “grab”, for a while, fasten them with ordinary paper clips.
You can make beautiful snowflakes out of the same sticks, fasten three sticks criss-cross, decorate them - such Christmas-tree toys look just great. Hang the snowflakes from the counting sticks on the windows, let them sway with a light breeze.
Sprigs with bright berries from buttons
For the work you will need a sheet of paper, a handful of colored buttons, a thick thread for twigs and glue.
First, a thick thread is stuck on a sheet of thick paper or cardboard to make an improvised twig, to which we will glue a couple more branches - knots. Now, by the end of the thread, we glue a couple of dozen buttons — this will be a bunch of berries.
Try to make out the buttons by color: red, yellow, blue clusters. Since you are creating a magical picture, you can get an amazing tree with bunches of berries of different shades.
Why not be on a branch of such berries of different colors, because in nature there are both yellow and blue purple and red berries. Remember that blueberries are growing - first green, and then, ripening, turns into reddish, then almost black.
Cute caterpillar out of the box for eggs
In each house there is a box of eggs. Cut only one strip, you get a long "caterpillar" with five or four humps. Now you need to paint the craft in green, in the first hump to make two small holes to insert into them straw cones for juices.
It is desirable to paste straws with a paper with a pile, two beads will be useful as eyes. Another couple of minutes of patient work - a pretty caterpillar is ready! It is advantageous to use this craftwork as a box for gifts - turn the “caterpillar” over and place a candy or a small souvenir inside each compartment.
For work you will need:
- Paper box from under the eggs.
- Two straws for juices.
Let each guest be waiting on the table for such a souvenir - a small caterpillar with improvised gifts. You can pack in and wishes, invent them yourself!
Large soft mat of yarn residues
Want to make a very big gift for your beloved grandmother? Gather a soft mat of pompons, the color of the yarn does not matter at all, it is important to make a lot of them. Begin to work long before the New Year, in order to assemble a ready-made soft rug under your feet for the holiday.
To work, prepare:
- Cardboard - pompon rings are cut from it.
- Yarn of different colors.
Every woman can do pompons. Two thick rings are cut out of cardboard, the threads are wound tightly on them to make the pom-pom volumetric. After the yarn is cut, you need to form a round beautiful pom-pom.
Lay the pompons tightly next to each other on the floor or on the table, you can place the first craft-pom-pom in the center, then place rings of pom-poms of different colors in a circle. Here only your imagination and color sense play the main role.
When the picture is assembled, just glue the pompons together. It is better to glue the finished mat to the base - thick fabric, so the craft will never fall apart.
To create a snowman, you need a salty dough, toothpicks and a garlic press. Do not be alarmed by this non-standard set.
- Make the dough. Divide the mixture into two parts. One with food dye stain blue.
- From white dough, roll up two rounded cakes of different sizes. This is the head and body of the future snowman.
- Immediately work on your face. Nose, eyebrows and eyes blind from the blue mass. Toothpick, draw a mouth and make a few notches around the peepholes.
- From the white mass make the hands, and from the blue legs. Attach the elements to the body.
- Make a cap out of the blue mass, apply a picture with a toothpick, attach it to your head.
- From the blue dough, roll out a small sausage. Make a scarf from the strip, put it in place and color the pattern. Create a fringe effect with the notches. Attach buttons.
- Insert a toothpick into the snowman's left hand. Pass a little blue dough through a garlic press and make a broom made of noodles. When it dries, put it on a toothpick.
- It remains to dry the snowman and cover with a layer of acrylic lacquer. He will make the figure brighter.
Christmas crafts are varied in complexity and materials used. And no matter what kind of toy with children you are making for the New Year. Invest in the work of the soul, and the result will be original and unique.
Handicrafts of the symbol of 2019 - Yellow Earthen Pig
On the eve of the New Year of the Yellow Pig, we will make toys with the baby, they can be hung on the Christmas tree or presented to guests. Let it be simple and unpretentious products, but hand-made, everyone will like them.
Toy made of yarn - bright soft pig
For work you will need:
- Yellow and brown yarn, as the Earth Pig Year comes - 2 hanks.
- Cardboard - cut out templates for pompons - 1 sheet.
- Scissors - 1 piece.
- Pink or red felt - a couple of pieces.
- Buttons for the eyes of a pig - 2 pieces.
- Glue - 1 tube.
A method of making pompons has long been known, cutting circles out of cardboard, making holes for threading threads. The child will be able to wind the yarn into circles, but let the father prepare the circles. The main thing that winding was dense enough. You can wind threads of any length and even not fasten together - the pomponch will turn out smooth after processing.
It is important to make several pomponichikov of different diameters - a piglet large for the body, a small one for the nose and four very small for the legs. Ears and legs can be cut out of felt, choose the shape of the future soft toys themselves. At the end of the work, glue the claws from felt or cardboard to the feet.
We start with a big pom-pom, wind the threads tightly onto two rings of cardboard, cut and form a round little body - let the pig be thick. Use scissors to align the pompon to make it perfectly round.
In the same way we make the second small pompon - it will be a pig nose. Which thread to choose for winding on the ring - depends on your imagination. It is important to beautifully arrange the first two details of the future soft toys.
Now claw-hoofs are cut out of pink or red felt, or four more tiny pom-poms are assembled, if they decide to make a pig with plump legs.
With the help of glue, a toy is assembled, and a soft piglet of threads is ready! It can be hung on a Christmas tree or make several such toys as a gift to guests.
Polymer clay toys
Toddlers like to work with clay and polymer clay, so together with your child make some funny piglets. You can buy polymer clay in any office supply store. This material for creativity is well stored in the refrigerator and does not deteriorate for a long time.
For work you will need:
- Polymer clay.
- Paper clips with vinyl coating.
- A piece of foil.
- Piglet's eye beads.
- Decoration toys - beads, velvet, sequins.
The pig's torso is made of clay; for paws, it is better to use the most common metal clips with vinyl coating, which can be bought at the stationery store. Choose the color depending on the shade of clay. From such a clip will also make a tail-ring. It is easier to make a head from foil - roll a ball and attach beady eyes to it after processing.
Next is just an assembly, you can form not only the body itself, but also decorate it with a bristle, draw lines and circles on the body of a little pig with a thin stick, a regular toothpick will do. Also wrap the head of a pig out of foil with a thin strip of clay, attach eyelids and eyelashes over your eyes, let the pig face smile - there is no limit to fantasy. Imagine a live pig and do not forget the ears and tail ring.
If you really want to make a fluffy pig, you can glue pieces of velvet or fabric with a pile to the finished toy. Now it is important to leave the finished figure to dry completely, and then decorate - let your New Year's pig be very beautiful.
It is advisable to make several figures, why not make the famous Nuf-Nuf, Naf-Naf and Nif-Nif? Give each piglet individuality, and then the Year of the Pig will certainly be successful!
Carnival masks from plastic plates
You invite the cheerful company of kids to visit? Prepare for them some funny masks, to make them so easy that you spend no more than an hour on all the work, and beautiful light masks will be a wonderful gift for children.
For work you will need:
- Plastic disposable plates.
- Plastic cups.
- Acrylic paint.
- Nail scissors.
- Thin gum.
We paint plates and cups pink and leave them to dry. On a platter mark the slits for the eyes and mouth. Cut out the holes and prepare the mask: the patch is glued from the cup. A pair of buttons should be attached to the bottom of the cup - these are nostrils.
On the platter around the cutout for the mouth, draw a smile. Glue or draw eyelashes, eyebrows over the eyes. Then cut the ears too - they also need to be glued to the mask.
If you want to make a mask for a pig-girl, you can braid a couple of braids with bows at the ends and attach them over the ears. On the forehead, you can pull a joking bang, let the masks differ from each other.
And now the fun begins - we attach a thin elastic band next to the ears, you can try on the first mask on yourself and look in the mirror.
Crafts last year
The symbol of the coming year on the ceremonial table has long become a tradition. In 2018, it was a dog. Buy a souvenir or a soft toy is not difficult, but the hand-made crafts will bring more joy.
Master classes on creating Christmas crafts - a good help in the development of this art. And they make such toys from various materials. I will give instructions for creating a toy dog from a towel. You will need thick paper, marker, contrast tape and a set of thin rubber bands.
Dog out of towel
- Spread the towel on a flat surface. Roll the two long sides to the middle with a roll and fix them with clothespins.
- Mentally divide the resulting tube into four parts. Leave the first part on the tabs, and the ends of the second piece and secure with a rubber band. From the resulting loop, shape the forehead and face. Secure with rubber bands.
- From the remaining two parts, make your back and support. Turn the fourth part inside. This is enough to complete the formation of the image and give the product stability. Silhouette is ready.
- Decorate with decor. Tie a bright ribbon around the puppy's neck. This is a collar. Fold the piece of ribbon in half and fix the ends. Slide the folded ribbon into the hole at the top of the head - the ears are ready.
- From the thick paper, cut out the eyes and nose, stick to the face with double-sided tape. The reliability of the design will give pins - you get a soft, cute, beautiful puppy.
Let's create an original soft pillow resembling the face of a good-natured animal. For work you will need several types of multi-colored fabric.
- Cut out the oval from the light fabric. This is the front of the future cushion. Using black material, make the same blank for the back side of the pillow. Cut out the contrast material for the ears 4 parts in the form of a droplet.
- Sew a round spot to the light blank in the area of the left eye. Next, make and attach the eyes, mouth and nose.
- Connect the front and back of the pillow, leaving a small hole for the filler. Do not forget to sew the ears. Fill the pillow with padding polyester and sew a hole. The product is ready.
With minimal time and effort, a successful result is obtained.Have patience and build, guided by the recommendations and fantasy outlined in the article.
The most original and interesting crafts
Some products that will become a decoration for the house or a gift for a loved one are simple, but original and interesting. About these crafts and will be discussed.
Christmas balls from old floppy disks
Why not decorate the tree with glowing balls? Make them so easy that you collect at least heels of balls to decorate the Christmas tree.
For work you will need:
- Small balls of foam.
- A couple of old floppies.
- Beads, beads, beads, glass beads.
Foam balls can be bought in the shop for needlewomen. Begin work by piercing each ball through with a needle or wire, make loops at the ends of the wire.
Diskettes with scissors or pliers cut into small pieces. The sizes of the pieces should be arbitrary.
Glue the entire surface of the foam ball evenly with pieces of glowing floppy disks. Glue the beads into the seams between the pieces of luminous material and empty spaces, the brighter they are, the more beautiful the craft will turn out.
You can glue in the seams between the diskettes and small pieces of Christmas-tree decorations - rain, frost ... May such a shaggy ball come out.
It remains to tie a string to one loop - and your improvised decoration is ready!
Tiny piglets from eggshell
Take a couple of chicken eggs and blow out the contents of them. Now there is a basis for lightweight toys from threads.
For work you will need:
- A pair of chicken eggs.
- Yellow or green threads.
- PVA glue.
- Beads or beads.
Coat the shells with glue and wrap threads on it. It is better to take the yellow or green threads, since we are waiting for the year of the Yellow Pig. When the threads are wound, once again, coat the craft with glue and leave it to dry completely.
It remains to break the shell and pour it out of a light thread ball. To get a real piggy - you need a nose, ears and a tail-loop. Use felt, it is perfectly glued and not so heavy. The eyes are a pair of beads.
Glue to the back of the baby-piglet thread to hang a toy on the Christmas tree.
Small ladybugs from the bottoms of plastic bottles
For work you will need:
- Plastic bottles of mineral water - according to the guests.
- Acrylic red and black paints.
- Wire for antennae.
- Black buttons.
Cut the bottom of a half-liter plastic bottle can be a knife or scissors. Flip the cut piece upwards, paint them red - eco-friendly acrylic paints are useful.
Black specks on the back of the bug can also be painted or small buttons can be glued. It remains to stick the antennae and eyes - a small light "ladybug" is ready.
Such a toy can be put in the center of a plate and hide under it a cute souvenir for a guest!
Christmas toys from light bulbs
- Take some old light bulbs. Cover each blank for the future Christmas tree with a layer of glue and sprinkle with sequins.
- Wait for drying, tie or stick a loop of a thin ribbon.
- On a piece of paper, draw a beautiful snowflake, put a sheet of wax paper on top of the image, and apply a thin layer of detergent on top.
- Using a glue gun, circle the snowflake. Leave the workpiece to dry.
- Carefully peel off the glue blank, cover with a layer of PVA and sprinkle with sequins. It remains only to attach a loop of thread.
- Take a small glass jar with a tight-fitting lid. Glue a small plastic Christmas tree to the bottom.
- Fill the jar to half with clean water and fill the remaining space with glycerin.
- Put some sparkles in the jar with the Christmas tree, add a little tinsel and seal the lid tightly. To see the miracle, just turn the jar.
- For the manufacture of Christmas hats, take sheets of colored cardboard and cut large circles.
- From the cardboard blanks, fold the cones and fix the edges with glue. Trim the bottom.
- Decorate the surface of the headgear with sparkles and multi-colored foil, glue the tinsel around the base.
- Fasten two strings on the base so that the New Year's caps are held on the head.
Making an interesting and original Christmas hack is easy. This activity brings pleasure and charges with a festive mood.
Tips for needlewomen and kids
Do not try to make toys and gifts quickly, it is better to tinker over each product a little longer, then the work will turn out really beautiful.
Do not take expensive source materials for work, it is better to make some unusual toys from what you already have at home, than to worry that the purchased things are damaged and will not be useful anymore.
Make a lot of beautiful inexpensive toys as a gift, everything that is done with your own hands is valued much higher than the most expensive imported souvenir. You will be pleased to tell guests how you have worked to create a small masterpiece.
Christmas crafts are made from a variety of materials, including paper, napkins, blown bulbs and even towels. Fantasy will help to create original gifts, decorations and greeting cards.
The examples of handicrafts considered in the article are a tiny particle of what is present on the Internet. I hope my advice will come in handy, and some interesting ideas will have a place in your practice. Experiment and prove that to create a miracle without significant costs under the power of each!
Waiting for the holiday will be more pleasant and more interesting if you devote a few hours to the manufacture of toys and souvenirs. Working with kids always brings great pleasure to all participants. Sit at the round table and collect toys from the most simple scrap materials. It may well be that in the process of work you will want to come up with the ready-made form of the toy yourself. In the course can go and old broken dolls, cars, which you can take as a basis for the future masterpiece.