Pumpkin can rightly be called a unique product, which contains all the necessary nutrients for humans. Dishes from such a miracle vegetable are a real find for people who suffer from diseases of the stomach and heart.
Baking a pumpkin in a slow cooker
Modern housewives are increasingly using the crock-pot, so there are a lot of recipes adapted for this household appliance.
Quick and easy way.
- A small pumpkin is carefully washed and cut into medium-sized slices. In the bowl it is better to lay the skin down.
- Pour half a glass of water and lightly sprinkle with sugar. From this taste will become more saturated.
- Bake on "Baking" for half an hour.
- Put the finished delicacy on a plate and pour over the honey.
Porridge is one of the favorite pumpkin dishes. Tasty and delicate in taste, it is a storehouse of vitamins and nutrients. This dish is useful for the smallest gourmets. Consider a classic recipe, after which you can experiment by adding different cereals and dried fruits.
- Take a pound of pumpkin, peel and cut into large cubes.
- Put the pumpkin in a slow cooker and add 150 ml of water, add 70 g of butter. Put the mode "Baking" for 25-30 minutes. If you cook porridge for the child, mash the pieces in mashed potatoes.
- When time is up, add 160 grams of washed rice, a little salt and 150 grams of sugar. Salt is better to take fine. Next, add 320 ml of milk and mix. On the "Milk porridge" mode, the dish is cooked for 30 minutes. If this mode is absent, put "Quenching" for 50 minutes.
- When the beep sounds, you can gently open the lid and arrange the delicacy on the plates, after adding a little vanilla.
You can cook porridge with the addition of dried fruits, nuts and honey, mint and cinnamon.
Pumpkin with meat and vegetables
Pumpkin with meat and vegetables will be one of the options for everyday meals, as well as treat to the festive table. Meat turns out juicy, vegetables - an exquisite side dish.
- Wash and peel the half-kilogram pumpkin, 1 carrot, 1 onion, and a few medium potatoes. 1 tomato and 1 sweet pepper just wash. Further, all cut into large cubes. Onion cut into half rings.
- Fry carrots with onions in the "Baking" mode.
- While preparing onions with carrots, prepare any meat. The most low-calorie dish will be with chicken. A pound of meat cut into cubes of 2 cm.
- Add meat to onions with carrots and fry in the same mode for 10-12 minutes. Do not close the lid.
- Prepared vegetables in advance put in a bowl multicooker and mix. Add crushed garlic clove to them. Add salt, seasoning and herbs to taste.
- Fans of juicy dishes should put the mode "Quenching" for 1 hour. Those who love fried food, can choose the mode "Baking" and cook 40 minutes.
Both in the first and in the second version the dish turns out to be unusual and tasty. Vegetables retain their individuality, and each gives a unique flavor note.
How to bake pumpkin in the microwave
No less tasty are the dishes from the pumpkin, cooked in the microwave at home. In addition, prepare them faster than in the slow cooker.
The fastest recipe
Delicious pumpkin dessert in the microwave can be cooked in minutes. At the same time, it will be not only pleasant, but also useful.
How to cook:
- A pound of sweet pumpkin is peeled and cut into small slices of the same size.
- Put the pumpkin in a dish for the microwave and bake at full capacity for 5 minutes. Then they take it out, mix it up and bake at the same capacity for another 6 minutes. Readiness is determined by softness.
- Sliced pumpkin spread on a plate and sprinkled with sugar or powdered sugar. Cinnamon lovers can add a pinch. Honey can be used instead of sugar.
Dessert will be a favorite dish of adults and children.
Pumpkin with potatoes and tomatoes
- Peel 6-7 medium potatoes and medium onion. A small piece of vegetable weighing 0.5 kilograms of peeled and remove the seeds. All cut into small cubes, onion half rings.
- Pour a little sunflower or olive oil into a container for baking, put onion and potatoes and salt a little. Send all this to the oven for 15 minutes, turning it on at full capacity.
- Add pumpkin to vegetables and cook for another 7 minutes.
- At this time, cut the tomatoes into small circles, which are put on top of the pumpkin, sprinkle with pepper and salt. Tomatoes on top can be a little sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Send in the microwave for another 20 minutes.
The dish will especially please vegetarians.
Pumpkin with honey and raisins
Another delicious, hearty and delicious dessert can be called a vegetable with honey and raisins. You can cook not only in the oven, but also in the microwave.
- Pumpkin, weighing 2 kg, wash well, peel and seeds, cut into small slices.
- Microwave dish with butter and put pumpkin there, cover with sugar and sprinkle lightly with water. Sugar can take a little more, up to 300 grams.
- Bake dessert 12 minutes at a power of 800 watts. After that, you can add a little raisins and cinnamon, a spoonful of honey, mix and leave in the microwave for another 3 minutes at the same power.
- When serving decorate with leaves of fresh mint.
Dessert will satisfy the most picky gourmets.
For cooking in a slow cooker, and in the microwave, you need to choose the right vegetable. Experienced housewives follow these tips.
- Buy only table vegetables. The fact is that in the market you can buy a decorative variety, which is beautiful, but not suitable for food.
- The tail should not be cut. In a ripe fruit, he falls off himself. The skin is dense, but not too hard.
- Do not buy very large fruit. They may be overripe. The cut vegetable is stored no more than a week, if it is not frozen.
Meals for the recipes reviewed are good because they are easy to prepare. Even beginners can manage it. Pumpkin is a real storehouse of nutrients with low calorie content. So eat it for health, as you like.