Everyone knows about the benefits of oatmeal for breakfast. Dishes from this cereal are well absorbed by the body, provide a feeling of satiety for a long time. You can take advantage of the experience of the inhabitants of Foggy Albion and cook classic porridge every morning. An alternative would be cooking homemade oatmeal cookies. This dish is distinguished by its simplicity in preparation and rich, bright taste.
Oatmeal Cookies - A Classic Recipe
- Oatmeal or flakes - 300 g
- Wheat flour - 200 g
- Sugar - 170 g
- Butter - 250 g
- Chicken eggs - 2 pcs.
- Baking Powder - 1 sachet.
- For a delicacy, the taste of which is familiar to everyone from childhood, you need to mix oatmeal or flakes with wheat flour.
- In the resulting composition gently pour the mixture obtained by mixing a whisk of sugar, softened butter, chicken eggs and a bag of baking powder. As baking powder suitable baking soda, quenched with lemon juice or vinegar.
- The dough stands in a cold place about one and a half to two hours.
- After that, with his wet hands, flat circles are formed, which are spread on a baking sheet.
- Bake the sweetness in the oven, preheated to 180 degrees, about 15-20 minutes.
The recipe for rolled oats with banana
Taste and satiety will surprise households during the morning meal oatmeal cookies with banana. It can be baked, based on the classic recipe or using the lean version.
To get treats, 1-2 bananas are added to the resulting dough, peeled and mashed with a fork or blender. Bake, like regular cookies, in the oven for about 20 minutes.
How to cook lean oatmeal cookies
In the days of fasting or in the preparation of dietary dishes, you can bake lean option.
- Oatmeal - 300 g
- Wheat flour - 2-3 tablespoons.
- Sahara or honey - 30 g.
- Salt - 0.5 tsp.
- Sunflower oil - 2 tablespoons.
- Water - 100 ml.
- Flakes pour boiling water and leave in a closed container for 30 minutes. During this time they swell.
- In the resulting mixture, add 2-3 teaspoons of sugar or honey, ½ teaspoon of salt, 2-3 tablespoons of flour, 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil, 100 ml of water or other liquid. After kneading the mixture is left for a half to two hours.
- Flat cakes form with wet hands and spread on a baking sheet. Bake for about half an hour at an average temperature (160-180 degrees) in the oven.
Interesting and original recipes
The classic recipe for rich or lean homemade oatmeal cookies is convenient for you to literally change the taste of the treat every morning. It can include different foods, and at its discretion to choose the composition and nutritional value.
Without flour, on the rump
Oatmeal is convenient in cooking without the use of flour. It has sufficient viscosity to form cookies only due to its composition.
For baking, only oatmeal or a mixture of flakes and oatmeal flour is used in equal proportions. The remaining components remain familiar. If the dough turned out too thin, it can be spread on a baking tray with a tablespoon.
Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
Favorite delicacy of children and all family members, when the “fingers you lick”, is a cookie with chocolate. For its preparation, add 50 grams of cocoa powder or a bar of chopped chocolate to the base dough.
- Flakes or flour - 300 g
- Kefir - 150-200 ml.
- Chicken eggs - 2 pcs.
- Sugar or honey - 80-100 g.
- Get diet option can be using kefir. In this case, the flakes or oatmeal is poured with kefir for 12 hours and left to swell.
- 2 eggs are hammered into the mixture, 80-100 grams of sugar or honey are added.
- Massuchshe leave to part for several hours.
- Spread dough on a baking tray with wet hands or a spoon. Bake about 20 minutes.
The benefits and harm of oatmeal cookies
Use when baking homemade oatmeal baking makes the dishes healthy and less high-calorie than the option only on wheat flour. The advantages of the composition:
- Even after heat treatment, oatmeal retains a large percentage of the B vitamins.
- The fiber structure is useful for people suffering from gastrointestinal diseases.
- Biscuit fibers help increase intestinal motility.
When used moderately, such a dessert only benefits. However, the classic version can be dangerous for people suffering from overweight due to high calorie content. In this case, you can use the dish without butter. The structure and taste is almost completely preserved when choosing only dietary products. For example, kefir or water.
Experienced chefs recommend adhering to the following rules.
- Be sure to dissolve the dough for at least one to two hours in a cold place. Better to leave for the night. In this case, the oats absorb moisture and give the maximum amount of nutrients.
- When making dough from grits, it is better to choose oat-flakes, in which the components of grain are preserved the most.
- Cookies bake in the oven at about 180 degrees. That it was soft, for 10 minutes until ready, the temperature should be reduced.
- Shaped cookies are laid on a baking tray with wet hands.
- It is better to store the finished product in a paper bag or tight-fitting wooden bread box. So it preserves texture better.
In conclusion, it is worth noting that oatmeal cookies are a versatile delicacy. Even an aspiring hostess will cope with its preparation. The cost of the finished product will be pleasantly surprised by efficiency. Such a delicious, hearty and healthy dessert is equally appropriate for family members for breakfast or as a festive treat for guests.