In everyday life and at work we use metal objects. Under the influence of the environment, products are subject to corrosion. Rust can appear not only on household items, but even on the car body. In this case, you must remove it. But it is better to try to stop the development of corrosion with the help of folk remedies or household chemicals, observing safety precautions.
Using 9% table vinegar, they remove plaque from small objects - coins, knives, tools, and decorative elements. They are soaked in vinegar for two hours (products of large sizes require additional time). Then washed with water. Experts advise to combine vinegar with lemon juice - a mixture of acids helps to deal with the problem more effectively.
Citric and oxalic acid
When preparing a solution of citric or oxalic acid, it is necessary to observe a proportion: take 1 liter of water for 1 cup of acid. The liquid is brought to a boil and nails, nuts, pliers and other rusty objects are dipped into it. The appearance of bubbles indicates the need to turn off the solution and leave to stand for 8 hours. The raid is removed using a metal brush. After soaking the product in acid, the iron is washed with dishwashing detergent, dried and placed in an anti-corrosion solution.
Soda, flour and white vinegar
Experts recommend using paste mixtures to remove rust. For cleansing brass products 1 teaspoon of soda is mixed with vinegar, flour is added, and stirred until a paste is obtained. Rub rust and leave for an hour. After the fabric is removed, the plaque is washed with water and dried. The actions are repeated until the brass acquires a natural color.
Alka-Seltzer, Coca-Cola, ketchup and other improvised means
To eliminate rust, you can use Alka-Seltzer, ketchup, Coca-Cola.
- Hangover pills containing acetylsalicylic acid, anhydrous citric, sodium carbonate, remove rust. The solution must be concentrated.
- Ketchup (vinegar or citric acid in the composition) is applied for several hours.
- A simple but effective way to eliminate an easy problem is to place the product in Coca-Cola (the active substance is phosphoric acid) for a while.
Using household improvised means will save the family budget.
Popular household chemicals
Those who want to use chemicals should analyze materials that help remove not only rust from the metal, but also stone. As part of household chemicals, oxalic acid and turpentine are often present, so it is important to study their detailed characteristics and find out what anticorrosive properties the selected drugs have.
The most demanded chemical agent that perfectly removes rust at home is a solvent, which is evenly applied to the affected areas and with the help of a stiff brush removes plaque. After the procedure, the affected area is wiped with a dry cloth and treated with anti-corrosion drugs. There are also rust converters that contribute to the suspension and its spread.
Features of removal of corrosion from different objects
Before use of anticorrosive preparations surely study the instruction. The actual question for the motorist is how to remove red spots on the body, which reduce the cost of cars for sale and spoil the appearance.
Ways of cleansing:
- Process the affected area on the body with orthophosphoric acid.
- Experts recommend using mixtures containing zinc salts. In this case, the electrochemical method of body cleaning is used. The mixture is applied to a tampon wound on the electrode, then the electrode is connected to the battery and the coating quickly cleans up.
Comparative characteristics of funds
|"Detox"||It contains an acid surfactant which is used to process large parts of the car.|
|Antirzhavchina "Neomid 570"||Removes both new and old rust stains. It can be applied to the surface and after half an hour it is washed off with water.|
|"Tsinkar"||It promotes not only the removal of rust, but also forms a film that protects against corrosion.|
The use of chemicals should be in compliance with safety regulations.
Purification of small household items
- For cleansing household items use gentle formulations. Adrilan helps to clean metal enameled objects.
- When processing non-ferrous metals observe the proportions when applying mixtures. Small items in anti-corrosion solutions need to keep no more than 8 hours.
To avoid rust on metals such as cast iron, iron, steel, aluminum, you must follow the rules of storage. Products should be in a dry place, and wipe dry after use.