Fish dishes are widely known for healing properties and special taste. There is hardly a person who does not like seafood. Seafood is well digested and rich in healthy fatty acids, vitamins and microelements. Fish has become an indispensable part of the medical menu, as it helps normalize the functions of the thyroid gland and has a positive effect on the cardiovascular system.
How to choose the fish in the store
You can buy fish, frozen, chilled, whole or in portions.
When buying chilled, pay attention to the following:
- The degree of freshness.
- The presence of shiny and smooth scales.
- The absence of a swollen abdomen and dull eyes.
- Smell without sharp perfumes and shades.
- The fillet is elastic, easily regains shape after pressing with a finger.
- Color of fish carcass from white to dark red, depending on the species.
What fish is better baked in the oven
Greater grades are suitable for baking. Such meat turns out juicy and gentle, does not overdry. Salmon and trout are an ideal choice that will not require the use of additional sauces and marinades.
Also suitable for cooking in the oven bream and carp, tilapia, carp and sole. Flounder, sea bass, mackerel are medium-fat types, and pollock, perch and cod are representatives of low-fat varieties.
Grease the thawed fish with oil to add juiciness to the finished dish.
Sea fish is better baked in the form of a steak or fillet, and river fish - entirely. Ideal spices - lemon juice, pepper, ginger, coriander, nutmeg, dried herbs. Gourmets will appreciate the wine marinade, as well as balsamic sauce and wine vinegar.
How much and at what temperature to cook
The baking time depends on the type of fish and the method of preparation. The temperature in the oven must not exceed 200 ° C.
The standard cooking time for a whole carcass is 30 minutes, for a treat on a baking sheet — 35 minutes, in a sleeve or foil — 25 minutes.
Also take into account the size and weight of ingredients. If the weight of the carcass is not more than 300 g, baking time will be 20 minutes. With a weight of 300-500 g - it will take at least half an hour, and with a weight of 1-1.5 kg - from 45 minutes to an hour.
Making a puncture and pushing on the abdomen, you can determine whether the fish was baked. The release of clear liquid is a sign of readiness. If the fluid is cloudy and bloody, more time is needed.
The best fish recipes in foil
Pink salmon whole with vegetables
A simple and quick cooking recipe at home helps to preserve healthy properties, and the finished meat makes it fragrant and juicy.
- Pink carcass.
- A piece of butter.
- Pink salmon to clean, wash. Cut lemon and onion into half rings, grate carrots.
- Onions and carrots pre-fry in butter.
- Stuff the carcass with salt and pepper and fill with carrot and onion filling, lemon wedges and pieces of butter.
- Wrap the resulting billet in foil, seal the edges carefully, put on a baking sheet and cook at 180 degrees.
Remove the foil, decorate the dish with greens and serve.
Mackerel with potatoes and spices
Different variations of vegetables and spices each time bring something new, and the fish remains amazingly tasty even when cold.
- A pair of potatoes.
- Vegetable oil.
- Mackerel wash, clean, rub with spices.
- Peeled carrots and potatoes cut into plates and onion into half rings.
- Cover the baking sheet with foil and grease.
- Put fish onions on a layer of carrots and potatoes.
- Wrap in foil and send to the oven for no more than 40 minutes.
The most popular roasting recipes
Fillet with potatoes and vegetables
This recipe and its variations are familiar to every hostess. Below is a basic recipe.
- One kilo of fish fillet.
- One kilogram of potatoes.
- Two, three tomatoes.
- Cheese - 200 g
- Sour cream (mayonnaise).
- Salt, pepper, fish seasoning.
- Cut the fish fillets, add seasoning, a little salt, pepper and leave for a while.
- Peeled potatoes cut into thin plastics, add salt and pepper, mix.
- Cut tomatoes just like potatoes.
- Grease baking sheet or baking dish with vegetable oil.
- Place half of the chopped potatoes on the bottom, then fillet pieces and lightly salted tomato slices.
- The next layer - the remaining potatoes, which smear sour cream or mayonnaise.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese and cover with a sheet of foil.
- Leave in the oven for half an hour.
- Remove the foil and wait another 10-15 minutes to get a ruddy cheese crust.
Prepare the dish into portions, add greens and serve on the table.
Red fish in the glaze
It turns out that for the preparation of the original fish dish does not require a lot of effort and exotic products.
- One kilogram of salmon.
- Lemon juice.
- Salt pepper.
- Separate the salmon fillet from the skin and cut into slices.
- Prepare a sauce of honey, mustard, lemon juice and spices.
- Marinate the fish in the resulting sauce for a quarter of an hour.
- Put baking paper in a baking dish, brush with butter and lightly sprinkle with flour.
- Put the pieces in the form and bake in the oven preheated to 250 ° C for 25 minutes.
These recommendations will simplify and make the cooking process more enjoyable.
- For extra juiciness, marinate the fish for half an hour.
- Use a sauce that prevents the meat from drying out and gives an appetizing crust.
- To protect utensils from unpleasant odor, cover the baking sheet with foil or rub with lemon juice (vinegar).
- Lemon zest and coffee grounds will help to remove the smell of fish from the hands.
- Completely fill the dishes for baking fish and garnish, so that the moisture does not evaporate quickly, and the fillet is not too dry.
- Cook shortly before serving, otherwise the fish will lose some flavor when it cools down.
Roasting in the oven is one of the best options for preparing daily and festive dishes. During cooking, you do not need to constantly be near the stove and follow the process, turning over each piece. The result is a perfectly preserved integrity and form of the finished treat. When using foil, the fish does not stick, does not lose the aromas of spices, herbs, spices and vegetables.
Having connected a little imagination, you can change as seasonings, marinades, sauces, and garnishes. Potatoes add calorie and make dinner more satisfying, and zucchini, tomatoes, onions, green beans - diet.
Fish dinner will turn out refined in combination with a glass of chilled white wine, a light salad instead of a side dish and a special sauce that will add spice. Mix lemon juice and olive oil, add salt, pepper, garlic and parsley. Pour this sauce over the finished fish, and enjoy the masterpiece!
Surprise and delight your loved ones with delicious and original dishes!