Baked Turkey is a traditional American dish that is served at Christmas or Thanksgiving. This bird is less popular with us, mostly due to the fact that not many people know how to cook it properly. And in vain! It is a light, healthy, low-calorie product with a minimum cholesterol content. It is recommended for use even for small children and those who follow a diet.
Calorie content of different parts of turkey
Turkey is a healthy alternative to other types of meat, because its fat and cholesterol content is minimal. The darkest areas are considered the most fatty - 125 kcal per 100 g and skin. You can bake different parts, and using the calorie table, you can choose the best option for a dietary meal.
Bird parts and their caloric value per 100 grams:
- Breast - 88 kcal.
- A quarter - 140 kcal.
- Wings - 177 kcal.
- Fillet - 116 kcal.
- Baked whole - 124 kcal.
The lowest calorie portion of turkey is white meat, so roasted turkey breast is ideal for dietary nutrition.
Sweet and juicy turkey fillet in the oven
The favorite part of the bird of many housewives is the fillet. Pieces pre-cleaned from all bones that are convenient to cut, pickle and cook. Since the fillet is less calorie, you can make a tasty dietary meal from it.
- Kilogram fillet.
- A glass of low-fat kefir.
- Two tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Spices to taste.
First of all it is necessary to achieve that the dish turned out juicy and tasty. This is especially true for low-fat fillets. To get rid of dryness will help marinade, in our case - suitable for baby or diet food.
- Kefir will make the bird tender and fragrant. In a large container, kefir is mixed with lemon juice and selected seasonings (this can be salt, pepper, a mixture of herbs).
- Fillets can be cut into small pieces or cut into large pieces to better soak, and then put in a thick marinade for several hours.
- Bake the fillets in foil or sleeve at a temperature of 180-200 degrees for about half an hour.
Any porridge or mashed potatoes are perfect as a garnish.
Turkey drumstick in the sleeve
Baked flavored turkey leg can be the main decoration of the table at a festive dinner, and it is very easy to cook it in the sleeve.
- A kilogram of turkey legs.
- 100 ml low-fat sour cream.
- 50 grams of butter.
- Citrus juice and zest (you can use orange or lemon).
- Spices to taste, rosemary and thyme are well combined in the dish.
- 50 ml of olive oil.
- The prepared drumstick is rubbed with salt and pepper.
- Olive oil is mixed with citrus juice and selected spices.
- Sour cream and the resulting mixture is carefully rubbed shin, then goes into the sleeve and insist hour.
- Immediately before baking, cuts are made to which small pieces of butter are added.
- Vegetables, citrus peel, rosemary and thyme can be added to the baking bag.
- Bake for fifteen minutes at a temperature of 200 degrees, then reduce to 160 and hold for another half hour to get a ruddy and crisp.
Baked turkey thigh with cheese
The dish is simple and quick preparation, you can make it in a hurry and feed the whole family deliciously.
- Two birds.
- Four tablespoons of any cheese that melts well.
- Three ordinary tomatoes or a few pieces of cherry.
- Spices to taste.
- Some flour.
- Onions and tomatoes are finely chopped, and cherry can be cut in half. If desired, add a pair of chopped garlic cloves.
- Onions and garlic are fried in the first place, and after a couple of minutes, tomatoes are added.
- The thigh is cleared of bones (you can buy chistochnoe), cut in half.
- From all sides it collapses in flour, then it is fried a couple of minutes before the appearance of a crust.
- Hips are put in a baking dish, spices are added. Onions are laid out on top and tomatoes, all sprinkled with cheese.
- Bake for about 20 minutes at 180 degrees and serve with any side dish.
Delicious turkey breast in foil
You can refer to the first recipe and replace the fillet with a full breast. If you do not want to re-experiment with kefir and lemon juice, you can use another, equally successful recipe.
- Two pounds of breast.
- A couple of tablespoons of olive oil.
- Spices to taste, preferably a mixture of herbs.
- The breast is carefully lubricated with olive oil, sprinkled with spices, including pepper and salt, soaked for an hour and a half.
- A sheet of foil is put on the baking sheet, then the meat is covered with another layer of foil.
- Bake at a temperature of 200 degrees, time depends on weight (for two kilograms a couple of hours is enough).
This is the easiest homemade recipe that every housewife can afford.
A turkey baked on a fire was held in high esteem by most Indian tribes. Through centuries, traditions have come to us. With proper cooking at home, the dish will be delicious, juicy and healthy. In addition, the size of the bird allows only one baked carcass to feed a whole family of ten people. That is why it is ideal for celebratory holidays. For cooking, it is not necessary to wait for Christmas - a lot of recipes will allow you to prepare a dietary, tasty treat every day!