Everyone should brush their teeth twice a day, and this should be done correctly. Neglecting oral care is fraught with the development of gum disease, caries, dental plaque, unpleasant smell.
Cleaning plaque at home
With the advent of plaque faces 90% of people. This is due to:
- Abuse of black tea and coffee.
- Problems with dental tissue.
- Water consumption with fluoride content.
In the dental offices perform a simple procedure for removing plaque. The problem is allowed to fight at home. Fundamental rules:
- Do not resort to such actions in case of mucosal diseases.
- Ensure that the substances used do not cause an allergic reaction.
- Try not to hurt the fillings.
ATTENTION! Dentists do not advise themselves to remove plaque when bleeding gums.
I will list the well-known folk methods that guarantee the reduction of plaque.
- Hydrogen peroxide. Add 20 drops of peroxide to 150 milliliters of warm water and rinse the mouth with the resulting solution.
- Whitening paste. Rinse the mouth for 30 seconds and brush your teeth with whitening toothpaste.
- Activated carbon. Crush two tablets of absorbent and apply with a toothbrush on the enamel. After two minutes, brush your teeth and rinse your mouth.
- Tea tree oil. Moisten a cotton swab in the liquid and treat the teeth from the outside and the inside.
Virtually every pharmacy can buy a variety of drugs that remove plaque. The most popular are:
- Strips with the bleaching effect. They are impregnated with a special compound. Superimposed on the teeth daily for 30-35 minutes for 10 days.
- Abrasive paste. Used for one month and from 1 to 3 times a week.
Is it possible to get rid of caries yourself and how
70% of people are diagnosed with caries, which proceeds without any symptoms and consists in the appearance of a small dark speck on the enamel. If left untreated, the disease can lead to the loss of deep tissue and tooth loss.
Prevention and treatment of caries is possible not only in dentistry, but also independently. To do this, you can use the following methods:
- Twice a day, rinse your mouth with water and sea salt (per 100 milliliters of water, 1 tsp. Of salt).
- Apply a disc moistened with castor oil to the problem tooth every evening for 7 minutes.
- Morning and evening, rinse the mouth cavity with soapy water: dilute 5 grams of laundry soap in 150 milliliters of water.
Dentists say: "You can fight with caries only at the initial stage. In the future, you need the help of a specialist."
How to choose a toothpaste and brush
You need to choose a toothbrush carefully, it must:
- Match a certain stiffness.
- Do not injure the gums.
- Do not provoke an allergic reaction.
- Be comfortable to use.
The right choice of toothbrushes depending on the problems of the oral cavity
|Kind of toothbrush||Recommendations for selection|
|Medium hard bristles|
If after using a new brush, an allergic reaction, bleeding gums and other problems appeared, it should be noted.
To choose toothpaste is required, having studied structure:
- For healthy teeth with fluoride.
- If problems with gums, then on the basis of medicinal herbs, for example, oak bark.
- With raids - with a whitening effect.
How to clean removable and non-removable dentures
Dentures need daily cleansing. Depending on the type, the cleaning technique they have is different.
- The prosthesis is removed and rinsed under running water.
- Using a brush and toothpaste, each area is cleaned with smooth movements from top to bottom.
- The area adjacent to the gums is being studied.
- The prosthesis is rinsed in warm clean water.
- The space between the teeth is cleaned with a special brush;
- The inner and outer part of the prosthesis is worked out with a brush (from top to bottom);
- Rinse the mouth with water and then with an antiseptic liquid.
How to brush your teeth every day
Dentists have developed a brushing technique, the knowledge of which will lead to a reduction in problems with gums and enamel, and will reduce the risk of caries by 2.5-3 times. It is carried out in stages:
- Apply a toothpaste onto the brush and open the mouth.
- A brush head is placed on the upper incisors and moves from top to bottom, gradually moving to the far teeth.
- Manipulation is repeated from the inside.
- A brush is placed on the lower incisors and movements are carried out on the outer and inner sides (bottom to top).
- The mouth is rinsed with water and then with a rinse solution.
- Store the brushes in a dry place and rinse them thoroughly after each use.
- Use dental floss and rinse solution regularly.
- Do not use someone else's toothbrush.
- If there are dentures, do not clean them with soap or hydrogen peroxide.
- Every 3 months to get a new brush.
- Problem places to pay more attention.
Performing a daily and proper brushing of your teeth will allow you to have fresh breath and relieve problems in your mouth. Properly choose a toothbrush and toothpaste, follow the cleaning technique, and do not ignore the recommendations of the dentist.