Fish is a food product rich in vitamins, often used in the diet menu. There is a variety of species, and cooking methods even more. Many lovers prefer the pike, whose meat is rich in protein and has excellent taste. Regular consumption increases the human immunity, the body becomes resistant to various infections, pike meat contains antiseptic substances.
Classic fresh pike cutting
How to get rid of mucus
To get rid of mucus, the pike must be washed under a tap, then immersed in a container with water and left there for 30 minutes. After that, rinse again and begin cutting.
How to remove the scales
Boil the fish and the scales will be easier to remove. Use for cleaning the best knife with a thick blade. It is necessary to conduct movement against the growth of scales.
How to gut
With the help of a thin sharp knife an incision is made in the abdomen, the insides are removed. The tail and all fins are cut using scissors. The finished carcass is rinsed under cold water. Next, cooking pike. If it is fish patties, then fillets are separated. Fried or baked fish requires prior bone removal.
In 1 cm from the gills, an incision is made deep into the ridge, without cutting it. An incision is also made along the back. Using a knife, starting from the head, carefully cut the fillets on one side. Then turn the carcass and do the same manipulation on the other side. From the inside, remove the film and remove the ribs.
Features cutting frozen pike
To easily cope with frozen pike, you need to have a sharp knife, a cutting board and tongs. The step-by-step cleaning step looks like this:
- Rinse the pike in running water.
- Trim all fins and tail.
- Around the entire head to make a shallow incision.
- Along the abdomen and back also make an incision.
- Forceps grasp the edge of the skin on the side of the head and gently pull it off.
- After that, cut off the head.
- The fish is cut into pieces, the size of 5 cm - so it is easier to separate the filet from the ridge and small bones.
Preparation for cooking
The basis of preparation is the proper cutting, cleaning of bones, scales, and skins. Pike is prepared in various ways, which will be discussed below.
To fry a pike, cut the carcass into pieces about 5 cm in size. Mix flour and salt with pepper in a separate plate, and pair a few eggs into another. You can lightly salt them. Heat the pan with a little oil. Each piece:
- Roll on all sides in flour.
- Dip completely into the egg mixture.
- Send in a frying pan and fry on both sides until golden brown.
To cook pike soup, you need to throw potatoes, whole onion and salt to boiling water in boiling water. When it is ready, the turn comes fish and cereals (you can use rice, barley, millet groats). At the end you can add bay leaf, fresh dill.
Chop pike fillet, add egg, spices, onion, a couple of st. spoon flour, mix. The dough should turn out like pancakes. Fry in a little oil.
One of the cooking options is roasting in the oven. Cooking time about 30 minutes. You can use foil as desired. The fish will be juicy, tasty and healthy.
- Pike - 1 bird.
- Hard cheese - 100 gr.
- Spices to taste, salt.
- Mayonnaise or vegetable oil.
- Fresh tomato - 1-2 pieces (depending on size).
- Prepared carcass cut into pieces in 3 cm. Put in a bowl.
- Add salt, spices, oil (or mayonnaise) and mix. Leave for 30 minutes, let it marinate.
- Put the finished pieces on a baking sheet or foil.
- Put a circle of tomato on top of each piece, lightly grease with mayonnaise and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Send to oven until fully cooked.
- The remaining ridge with a small amount of fish meat (after milling) can be used to cook fish soup.
- When cutting pike need to be careful, because she has sharp teeth.
- When buying should pay attention to the gills, smell, eyes (should not be cloudy), elasticity.
Pike is an excellent option for preparing tasty and healthy food at home. If you follow all the recommendations, the cutting does not take much time. Enjoy your meal!