The cause of the smell is excessive sweating. Tens of thousands of microorganisms live on the foot, for which the epidermis is a place of life and development. There are also about 20 thousand sweat glands, secreting more than 200 milliliters of sweat per day. Under normal conditions, it should evaporate and not exude stench.
Why do my feet smell unpleasant?
- Fungus of the foot. Excessive sweating is accompanied by a strong odor, because infection with a fungus provokes the reproduction of pathogenic microorganisms that cause stench.
- Footwear. Bacteria breed very well in low-quality synthetic shoes.
- Hyperhidrosis is a disease characterized by profuse sweating. The number of sweat glands in one person more than the other, therefore, allocated more sweat. Stress, negative emotions and experiences are the main causes of excessive sweating and reproduction of bacteria.
- Violation of personal hygiene.
- Socks or stockings made of synthetic fabric.
Increased sweating is not always a disease. Perhaps this is a feature of the body or a genetic predisposition. It is necessary to allocate some funds that can provide an effective fight against the problem. All of them are divided into national and pharmacy, which of them is more useful and provide a positive result, a person must determine on their own, based on the characteristics of their body.
Folk remedies against foot odor
It is widely used in cooking, the tool successfully fights pathogens and resists fungi. Instruction:
- Take a small bowl or an unwanted pan and pour one liter of vinegar (9%).
- Add the same amount of water, then heat to about 36-45 ° C so that your feet feel comfortable.
- Pour the contents into the bath or foot basin.
- Place the feet completely in the solution, then wrap in a towel and hold for 18 minutes.
- Dry your feet thoroughly, lubricate with a moisturizer and wear cotton socks.
To achieve a positive effect, 7 procedures are enough, but you should repeat them every other day. If the disease is started, the number of procedures will have to be increased to 15-20. To enhance the effect, make the solution more concentrated, that is, add less water.
This bath is very simple. Enough to brew strong tea, preferably black, insist and steamed feet. The procedure should not last more than ten minutes.
Oak bark is one of the most famous, popular tools that really helps to cope with the problem, because efficiency has been proven by people for many centuries. To prepare the bath you will need four tablespoons of bark and four glasses of water. The components are mixed, boiled for 2-3 minutes and allowed to infuse. Baths with a decoction of oak bark do before bedtime. The course of treatment is at least one week, each procedure should last about 15 minutes.
To prepare the product, you need 1 teaspoon of potato or corn starch, a third of a tablespoon of baking soda, and 1 teaspoon of Shea butter (it can be found in cosmetics stores or pharmacies). Stir the ingredients thoroughly to a thick cream. Rub the resulting mass in the foot. If the smell seems unpleasant, add a couple of drops of your favorite essential oil.
Infusion of sage leaves will help with excessive sweating of the feet. To prepare the solution, take 3 teaspoons of leaves and pour 4 cups boiling water. Infuse for 30-40 minutes and strain. Take a bath at intervals of 1-2 times a day for 10 minutes. The course of treatment is 1 week.
An alternative to sage will be horsetail. Cook the broth from 4 teaspoons of herbs, filled with 1 liter of water. Boil the solution for 5 minutes, strain, transfer to another container. Dilute with 3-4 cups of water. Take a bath for 20 minutes every day for 5 days.
Fungi and bacteria are afraid of salt. This is one of the easiest ways to get rid of the stench of the feet. You need only 20 grams of salt or sea salt dissolved in hot water. Soar in this solution for 20 minutes.
The best pharmaceutical drugs and drugs - a review and instructions for use
An accessible cosmetic is deodorant for the feet. It not only masks the unpleasant smell, but also neutralizes the cause of its appearance. Use the tool every day and forget about the problem of unpleasant-smelling legs. Deodorant is not harmful to the body, has no side effect and no serious contraindications.
Tinctures of calendula and echinacea are suitable for daily foot care. Tea tree oil, which can be bought at almost every pharmacy, will cope well with the smell, if you apply it every night before bed and after baths.
If the cause of unpleasant foot odor is a fungus, then this disease should be treated. The most effective means against foot fungus:
- Pasta "Teymurova". The preparation includes boric acid and talc. These chemicals dry the skin well. Application: to rub paste into nails and between toes 4 days within three minutes. ATTENTION! The drug should not be applied to damaged skin!
- Formagel destroys fungus and excessive sweating. Use it only once every seven days.
- "911-nepotin" cream. This drug is characterized by its antimicrobial and antiseptic properties due to sage, menthol and green tea, which is part of it. A week of use will allow you to forget about the smell and excessive sweating.
- Keep your feet hygiene day after day and change your socks and stockings in a timely manner.
- Shoes also start to smell bad, so air it and neutralize the smell with soda or dry tea bags.
- Dry insoles every day.
- Wash your shoes regularly not only from the outside, but also from the inside.
- Wear socks, pantyhose and stockings only from natural fabrics.
Follow these simple and uncomplicated rules and you will forget about the unpleasant smell of the feet forever. If the problem persists, consult a doctor. Careful foot care is the key to your health and good mood.