Flounder is considered an unusual marine habitat. It is not surprising, because nature has deprived it of its natural symmetry. The body of the flounder is flattened, and the eyes are located on one side. We will not go into the details of the structure, but consider how to fry the flounder in the pan.
Flounder in a frying pan in sour cream
Fried flounder in sour cream is a wonderful dish. I offer roasting technology in a pan with a nut filling, thanks to which the treat becomes exquisite. If there are no nuts, do not worry, it will turn out delicious without them.
- Flounder fillet - 500 grams.
- Sour cream - 250 grams.
- Flour - 2 tablespoons.
- Vegetable oil - 1 tablespoon.
- Butter - 1 tablespoon.
- Walnuts - 50 grams.
- Bow - 1 head.
- Garlic - 1 clove.
- Salt, pepper - to taste.
- Wash and clean the flounder fillets. Using a knife, cut into large pieces.
- Onion cut into rings and send to a preheated pan, greased with butter. Roast 5 minutes.
- At this time, roll in the sliced fillet in flour and straighten to the onion in the pan. When the golden crust appears on the fish, reduce the fire.
- Crush the nuts to a state of flour. Add sour cream, salt, pepper to them. All this is sent to the pan to the flounder. Put the bay leaf and simmer for 5 minutes after boiling. Pour in some flour to make the sauce not very liquid.
Put the prepared dish on a plate and serve it to the table. Flounder roasted in sour cream will be a wonderful main course or a wonderful addition to a more complex culinary masterpiece. Pilau or vegetable salad will do.
Tasty flounder in batter
The fish is rolled in flour to obtain a golden crust. If you cook fish for fish, you get a juicy and tender treat. This dish is recommended to cook over high heat.
- Flounder fillet - 4 pieces.
- Garlic - 2 cloves.
- Mayonnaise - 100 grams.
- Lemon juice - 1 tablespoon.
- Light beer or white wine - 1/2 cup.
- Eggs - 2 pieces.
- Flour - 1 cup.
- Vegetable oil for frying.
- Slices of lemon.
- Chives for decoration.
- For batter, mix flour with yolks, add wine or beer, mix. Leave on for 30 minutes, and then add the whites, whipped to foam.
- Salt the prepared fillet and, dipping it in a batter, fry in a pan to a golden crust.
- For the mayonnaise sauce, send chopped garlic, lemon juice and mix.
- Put the finished fish in a plate and pour over the sauce.
Garnish with lemon slices or greens. Serve with potatoes or vegetable salad.
How to fry the whole flounder
Practically in every family that prefers healthy and healthy food, fish dishes are regularly served on the table. Among them is roasted whole flounder. Such a treat in combination with greens and vegetables not only looks beautiful, but also surprises with an incredible taste.
- Flounder - 1 kg.
- Ground pepper - to taste.
- Salt - to taste.
- Vegetable oil - for frying.
- Fresh greens and cucumbers - for decoration.
- Prepare the flounder. To do this, cut off the head, remove the insides and rinse thoroughly with water. If there is caviar, leave it inside, it will taste better.
- Put a large frying pan on the stove, turn on medium heat, pour in some vegetable oil.
- Dry the fish with napkins, salt, season with pepper and send to the frying pan. Fry for 10 minutes on each side. After that, reduce the heat to minimum and bring to readiness.
- Put on a plate, garnish with fresh greens and cucumber curly cut, serve.
With this simple and quick recipe, you can easily prepare a tender and tasty flounder at home, which will be an excellent addition to rice or mashed potatoes. If you do not have to try this dish, I recommend to cook.
Fried Flounder Chunks with Onions
In conclusion, I will share the secret recipe of fried flounder. It provides for the use of onions and oranges as additives. Thanks to these ingredients, the taste gets an unusual shade. The recipe is suitable for hostesses who want to surprise the household with something unknown.
- Flounder - 500
- Orange - 1 pc.
- Bow - 1 head.
- Fish seasoning - 0.25 teaspoons.
- Flour - 1 handful.
- Vegetable oil, salt.
- Put a frying pan on the stove, pour in some vegetable oil, turn on the middle heat. Pour the onion, chopped in half rings, into the pan.
- While the onion is roasting, rinse the fish with water, dry it with napkins, cut into small pieces and roll in flour.
- Redden onion move to the edge of the pan, put the flounder. On medium heat bring to readiness. This will indicate the appearance of a ruddy color.
- Then sprinkle with seasoning, put the fried onions on the fish and reduce the gas. Cut the orange in half, squeeze the juice into the pan, send the pulp crushed into small pieces.
- Stew under the lid for 10 minutes. During this time, the orange juice is completely evaporated, leaving behind a pleasant aftertaste and light aroma.
Flounder cooked in a pan in combination with onion and orange will decorate a festive feast and will surely surprise guests. If you have your own secret supplements, share in the comments.
Fried flounder - a dish with French roots. You can order it in any restaurant or cook a culinary masterpiece at home. The main thing is to study in advance the subtleties and nuances of the process, because improper preparation together with illiterate preparation leads to the deterioration of the delicacy treat.
How to clean flounder correctly
Flounder in the form of fillet is sold in supermarkets. If a chilled or frozen carcass is not available, do not be discouraged. By following the tips below, you will clean the flounder on your own and properly at home.
- Put the washed fish on the board with the light side up. First cut off the head. Then remove the insides, cut the fins together with the tail.
- With a sharp knife, scrape on both sides, making neat movements. Make sure all spikes and scales are removed from the surface.
- According to experienced chefs, skin gives a peculiar smell when roasting. Its removal from the frozen carcass does not cause problems. If the fish is fresh, make a longitudinal incision along the bottom of the carcass, pry the skin with a knife and pull it hard in the opposite direction.
At the end of the procedure do not forget to rinse the carcass with water. After that, the fish is ready for use as intended.
How to fry odorless flounder
People who do not represent life without fish dishes, unanimously declare that the flounder has one major drawback. This is a specific smell. To solve the problem allows the removal of skin. If there is no desire to mess around or time is running out, the following recommendations will help.
- To flounder turned out to be tender, incredibly tasty and odorless, use rice flour for breading. Nowadays, it is not considered an exotic product and is sold everywhere.
- Helps to eliminate odors and spices. Do not put spices on the fish surface, but add to the breading. Flounder goes well with ginger and nutmeg. Together with turmeric they bring a pleasant aroma and beautiful color.
- If there is no spice on hand, pickle the fish and hold it for two hours in the spicy mixture in the refrigerator. To prepare the marinade per kilogram of fish, take a teaspoon of mustard and 4 tablespoons of lemon juice. After the time the fish is ready for roasting.
Thanks to these simple tips, even a novice chef who does not have time-tested recipes can create a delicious dish.
Regular consumption of flounder in the food brings many benefits to the body. It is known to fans of fish, unlike the one with which to serve fried flounder. The list of traditional side dishes is represented by potatoes, rice and vegetables.
Practice shows that fried flounder goes well with salted, fresh, pickled, stewed and baked vegetables. These include tomatoes, cucumbers, zucchini, green peas, cabbage, celery and broccoli. As for pasta and cereals, this is not the best solution. Only rice is in harmony with fish in combination with any vegetables and sauces.
Now you know all the details of cooking flounder in the pan. Use the recipes in practice, please the household with new culinary impressions and do not forget about the experiments. Only in this way new culinary masterpieces appear. Good luck!